Toy Story 1st Birthday Party

My nephew turned one back in May. He adores Toy Story, so why not make it the party theme!

I made a miniature cake decorated like Woody's outfit for his smash cake. This is probably one of my favorite cakes I have ever made! I also made some alien cupcakes to go along.



He actually did not want anything to do with it, so great Grandma took the cake home to eat later. At least someone enjoyed it! 


Most of the cake was piped out into the shapes with frosting. I used fondant for the vest roping, as well as the badge and belt buckle. I used some gold edible spray paint to color the decorations.


Unfortunately this cake did not make the car ride to the party lol it was a hot day and the top half slid right off into the box. It was still tasty though after I tried to piece it back together! Chocolate cake, cream cheese frosting, with a raspberry filling... my favorite combo of flavors so far!


As I mentioned earlier, he just loved his smash cake. I forgot to try to get a photo of him wearing the Woody vest I crocheted. I cut out felt shapes and sewed them on, as well as a crochet badge. He was just downright cute!!!!!

Follow me on Facebook and instagram:: cornonthemonkeycrochet
You can find my shop on Etsy to find some crochet goodies and patterns!!

Comments